Pages

2 Oct 2011

SIP - Use Silhouettes to find the Shape

After another talk with Alan, we have decided that I need to take a step back and take the design down to its core. We looked at the ingredients to the design from my research and found a way to gather a shape.

To do this, I'm going to use silhouettes to find the basic shape of the design, to see how they would fit together logically.

Here are the silhouettes that I have made to use for this excersise.

Trees:


Flowers:



Rings


Branches:


Roots:


Acorn - (Container):



I'll be using these sillouetes to create a unified shape. Another aspect I need to cover is the use of practical science. As it's basically a tree in space, it still needs to follow certain rules as well as the fictional side of things.

A key aspect of the ship that will influence it is the 'spiritual' side of it. The Life/Death side of it plays a key role in the narrative so it should reflect this in the design of the ship itself.

I have also rented out 'Silent Runnings' as it lends itself directly to my project.

Next I will be shaping the parts together like a puzzle to find a form that suits the ship. Then I'll seperate the parts into Natural and Mechanical for further research into the symbiosis of the tree.

1 comments:

Asmodeus Draconis Umbra said...

hi your psge is awoesome i liked somuch the silhouettes

Post a Comment